Khaja Bandanawaz House of Sports
Training Stronger, Faster, Brighter Young People …
The Khaja Bandanawaz House of Sports has been created to nurture a sound body that will house a sound mind. Physical activity and training has been advised by the sages and wise men in all ages since the dawn of civilization.
In particular competitive sports not only sharpen the keenness to win but also teach the individual the importance of team spirit, sportsmanship of losing with grace and trying again.
Specific Aims of Khaja Bandanawaz House of Sports
- To establish and organize field and athletic events in all the institutions of the Khaja Education Society.
- To promote team games and encourage lesser known games like Kho-Kho and Kabaddi.
- To make sports and games an important feature of the academic life of a student.
- To bring talented sportsmen and women into the National mainstream by providing them a platform where their talents could be displayed.
- To organize National level Tournament in Cricket and Hockey that would be a major impetus for all regional players across the country.
- To promote all round development of students by providing sports facilities and physical activity for ages in all institutions of the Society.
THE KBN CRICKET ACADEMY
Vision & Aim :
The idea of establishing a Cricket Coaching Academy that would coach and nurture young talent in Gulbarga and the surrounding region was initiated by Dr. Syed Shah Khusro Hussaini, President of the Khaja Education Society. A keen supporter of all sports, Dr. Hussaini established the Khaja Bandanawaz Cricket Academy in December 2006 with a vision of encouraging young sportsmen to come forward in this highly competitive field. The Academy aims to support talented sportsmen by providing them a platform that would give them the exposure required for recognition at the National level.
Brief review of the Academy’s activities
The Academy started initially with 15 boys of a mixed age group who were enrolled for coaching. Today it has 65 boys in the 9 to 25 age group who regularly participate in the Academy’s tournaments.
The Turf Ground situated adjacent to the Sayyid Akbar Husayni Pre University College premises is maintained by the Academy at a premier level. At present the ground has seven pitches surrounding by a playing area of 150 yards from boundary to boundary. The turf ground and pitch is maintained by a qualified pitch curator and Cricket coach.
Events and Tournaments
- The in-house cricket tournaments between the Khaja Bandanawaz College of Engineering and the Khaja Bandanawaz Institute of Medical sciences, and the Sayyid Akbar Husayni ICSE School are conducted annually since 2008.
- The VTU Zonal Tournaments between teams from Bellary, Koppal, Raichur, Gulbarga, Bidar are being conducted since 2009.
Among the other notable annual tournaments conducted on this ground are :
- The Raichur Zone Karnataka State Cricket Association Selection Trials and matches for age groups 14 to 22 years.
- The KSCA affiliated Cricket Clubs League Tournaments Raichur Zone U-16 and U-17 Cricket Coaching camps.
- Inter-school Dell-KSCA Cricket Tournaments.
- Inter district Super League Matches.
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Zonals in Cricket.
- Foot ball zonal tournaments of VTU affiliated colleges.
- KSCA – Royal Challenges Summer Camp.